5.12.2013

Review: Blood and Snow (Vol 9-12) by RaShelle Workman







Title: Blood and Snow (Vol. 9-12)
Author: RaShelle Workman
Publisher: Polished Pen Press
Publication Date: February 16, 2012
Pages: 196
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance
Source: ARC from Publisher

Rating:

Summary (from Goodreads): "Lips red as rubies, hair dark as night. Drink your true love's blood, become the Vampire, Snow White."

EVERY THOUSAND YEARS THE VAMPIRE QUEEN SELECTS A NEW BODY, ALWAYS THE FAIREST IN THE LAND, AND THIS TIME SHE'S CHOSEN SNOW WHITE. 


     This is a series of 12 volumes but I have reviewed them in groups of 4 (see my reviews for books 1-4 and 5-8). Overall, I have really enjoyed this series, aside from the fact that it's "another vampire book." I give it 4.5 stars because although it was fairly well developed and kept me hooked, I'm not sure I entirely approve of the ending. After your emotions are thrown back and forth so many times and then they end up landing on something (or someone) who didn't cross your mind until the end, it's a little disappointing. It was sweet, and I liked it, but I think by the end of it all, the "true love" part was a little anti-climactic for me. However, I did like the twist with Christopher! There were a lot of grammatical errors as the books went on, though. They may have been corrected by now since I received a galley copy, but it got a little out of hand at a few parts. 

I would recommend this series for anyone who wants a fun read with twists and romance and well...vampires. I think after this I will be sure to take an extended break from the whole vampire ordeal. There needs to be a new fad, and no, I don't mean zombies. 


Anywho, to the breakdown:

9. LOVE BLEEDS: Questions are answered. Necks are bitten. Kisses are traded. And Snow realizes sometimes love bleeds...

At this point I am incredibly confused! Snow is finally awake and we aren't sure if it's because Silindra's journey came to an end, or because Dorian (maybe) kissed her. We start seeing Gabe with Cindy and honestly, I am upset with both of them. What a crappy friend! If there was a "Bro Code" for girls, she would have totally violated it. And Gabe. How the expletive do you call that "brotherly" or "sisterly" love? We have to turn our emotions back to Christopher, who in a way I like...but in another way I don't trust the guy at all. There's just something about that guy. I'm not sure about him. In the meantime, the plot continues to thicken and we think it may be implied who Snow's true love is. But...is it?

10. EYE OF ABERNATHY: Snow possesses a piece of the first dragon's soul. She needs to speak to him about that. Also, she finally understands what it's like to be in love.

This reminds me of something one of my old BFFs and I used to say in High School: "I'm only 16! I don't know what I want!!" This is how I feel with Snow. Maybe she should just focus on saving the magical world and forget about relationships right now because it's just getting out of control.  This was a pretty good volume. We meet Abernathy again and 
are surprised by yet another twist in the plot in regard to Snow's mother. 

11. RESOLVED TO RULE: Snow comes face to face with destiny. A word she can't stand.


We learn more about Snow's mother and the relation to Devoran. The ending of this one was a swirl of events and confusion and a heroic gesture from Dorian that left me appreciating him a lot more. But...he still isn't Gabe. :(

12. VAMPIRE EVER AFTER?: Snow is the only one who can destroy the vampire queen, but her heart isn't in it.

Finally we are face to face with the Vampire Queen. Snow is conflicted with emotion and decisions on how to defeat the Queen, or make her step down. We find out Christopher was just slimy and good at what he does, and sadly some people are sacrificed. I wish the end was a little more lengthy, but for the most part it wrapped up well. There were still some questions unanswered...and her true love...well...it was a good choice, but not quite the choice I was hoping for. 

Overall, this was a good series.

You can get the COMPLETE set of Blood and Snow by RaShelle Workman:


No comments:

Post a Comment