8.23.2018

Review: Lunar Abundance: Cultivating Joy, Peace, and Purpose Using the Phases of the Moon

Lunar Abundance: Cultivating Joy, Peace, and Purpose Using the Phases of the Moon Lunar Abundance: Cultivating Joy, Peace, and Purpose Using the Phases of the Moon by Ezzie Spencer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lunar Abundance was a title one of my book clubs was interested in going through together. Over the last cycle we have used the moon to become more conscious with our living. The book is formatted as more of a workbook, with questions to answer and journal about your experience. It's laden with gorgeous images and illustrations that I could easily frame and hang on the wall.

Lunar Abundance isn't a metaphysical book. I suppose it could be seen among such titles, but I would label it as self-help. It offers a recipe for using the visual marker of the moon to create attainable goals through Yin (resting) and Yang (action).

The printables found on the website were a nice bonus and helped simplify what was discussed in the book. I also loved that each chapter had a summary at the end.

The reason I give it three stars is I feel the book was much longer than necessary. For myself and the women in my book club, most of us have very busy schedules, and as I was reading I kept thinking "this could've been said in less words." It also had a lot of technical errors that made me cringe. Wordiness, unnecessary "fluff," an overabundance of punctuation, and repetitive terms. There should've been a lot more editing before hitting the shelves.

Love the imagery, the workbook portions are fairly simple, but reading through the text was a struggle.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment